Job Description for Worship Coordinator
The Junction Church, St. Thomas, ON
16-20 hours per week
- Have a dedicated love for Christ, a heart for worship, and a passion for leading people into the presence of God.
- Have an appreciation of and an ability to plan a variety of worship styles in a multi-generational setting, such as “Blended Worship”.
- Be familiar with the Christian Reformed perspective of worship.
- Have strong communication and organizational skills.
- Be proficient using computers and MS Office and Easy Worship or Planning Center or similar program.
- Be open to and familiar with creative or emerging forms of worship.
- Have music proficiency in order to lead and/or coordinate both vocalists and musicians with confidence and excellence.
- Be a self starter and a team player as well as one who has a passion to attract, develop, and inspire others in the worship ministry according to their gifts and abilities, such as dance, drama, etc.
Expectations and Responsibilities
- Be a member or be willing to become a member of The Junction Church, St. Thomas.
- Ensure that we have a blend of worship styles – with both contemporary and traditional music and elements.
- Plan, facilitate and regularly participate and/or lead in the Sunday morning worship services, (along with some evening, special services, etc). Develop creative ideas.
- Serve as the point person for each worship service, working closely with the pastor/guest pastor, praise teams, and other worship leaders, participants, volunteers and council members.
- Recruit, develop, schedule and encourage the participation of all musicians and vocalists in worship leading.
- Oversees Sunday morning sound & media checks in order to assure excellence. Communicates with the AV team to address any needs or opportunities. Provide technical assistance for uploading services to the website.
- Encourage and facilitate the involvement of children and youth in worship services.
- Ensure compliance with copyrights of music used in worship services.
- Arrange for regular maintenance of the church’s musical instruments.
- Be a standing member of the Worship Committee and report at its meetings. The Worship Committee and church staff are to serve as a support and to provide helpful feedback.
- Prepare and manage the Worship Ministry budget.
- Seek out professional development opportunities and facilitate leadership training for worship leaders.
- As a church leader, attend such events as leadership retreats, congregational meetings, and church staff meetings.
- Report directly to the pastor, keeping him up-to-date regarding opportunities and concerns within the worship ministry and keep the Worship Committee aware of his/her work, providing leadership in keeping with the overall vision and mission established by Council.
- Remuneration for 16-20 hours per week: Dependent on qualifications and determined by Search Team with Church Council’s approval.
- Vacation: Two weeks paid vacation yearly
- Position and Ministry Evaluation will take place after 6 months, and then annually.
PLEASE SUBMIT COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO: